Badminton was set up in 1990 for National & International levels. We cater for players who want to have the opportunity to play recreational basketball as well as those who wish to compete at international level. We offer programmes to provide players with Deaf & Hard of Hearing the opportunities to participate in Badminton. Our aim is to develop more regional based programmes; however the success of this is dependent on the recruitment of new players.
At present, we offer competitions for:
- Annual National Deaf Badminton Championship
- 22nd Summer Deaflympics Game in Sofia, Bulgaria in 2013
- European Deaf Badminton Championship in 2014
- Youth (U19) World Deaf Badminton Championship in 2014
- World Deaf Badminton Championship in 2015
- 23rd Summer Deaflympics Game in Ankara, Turkey in 2017
Leinster Deaf Sport Council have children’s badminton practice every Tuesday in St. Joseph’s School for Deaf Boys, Navan Road, Dublin 9 from 5.30 to 7pm.
For further information about Badminton and the weekly training classes, please contact;
|Contact Person:||Technical Director||Admin/SDO|